Monday, November 17, 2008

Review Of Words Dance #12

Words Dance/Issue 12/Ladies Issue/Fall 2008/Verve Bath Press/Reviewed by Michael Grover: Let me say right off that this has to be one of the most
beautifully creative zines that I have ever laid my eyes on. That is saying a lot. I have seen a lot of zines in my day. The cover, the pictures inside I have to say is all aesthetically beautiful.
With that said on to the poetry. The first two poems I have to say hit you like a good punch in the face and drag you in. Lost Petition: For An Endangered Species is an amazing poem, by far my favorite in here by the editor Amanda Oaks. The second poem Parallel Universe by Ellyn Maybe well, I've been an Ellyn Maybe fan since The Cowardice Of Amnesia. If you read on you will find twenty two other woman writers. Each individually skilled with their own strengths. There is not a bad poem in here, the stuff that really stood out to me beyond the first two were the poems by Rebecca Schumajda, and Heather Bell. Words Dance is an incredible zine, well put together with a creative passion. I hear a lot of talk that there are not enough woman writers out there right now. This will change your mind. www.vervebathpress.etsy.com